Protect Your Pet With Vaccinations and Parasite Prevention in Fairport NY
The importance of vaccinations in your pet’s healthcare plan cannot be overstated. Vaccines guard your pet from a broad range of illnesses. Some of these include:
- For Cats: feline leukemia, respiratory diseases and rabies
- For Dogs: canine distemper, rabies, parvovirus, respiratory diseases, kennel cough (bordetella), leptospirosis, Lyme disease, canine influenza and more
Your veterinarian will discuss the proper course of vaccinations for your young, adult, or senior pet’s ideal health and wellness. Puppies and kittens can be vaccinated as early as 6 weeks of age.
Parasite prevention is just as important as keeping your pet vaccinated. Parasitic infestations can cause serious health issues if not properly treated.
While dogs and cats are particularly vulnerable to parasitic infestations, many of these parasites can move from your pet to you. This makes keeping your pet free from parasites an important aspect of your family’s healthcare as well. We can help guard against parasites such as:
- Fleas and ticks are some of the most common skin parasites faced by dogs and cats. These carry diseases such as Lyme disease.
- Roundworms, hookworms, whipworms, tapeworms, coccidia and other intestinal parasites can cause a wide variety of internal and digestive issues.
- Heartworms are carried by mosquitoes. They infect your pet’s heart and lungs and can be costly to treat.
Our in-house laboratory can conduct screenings for existing parasites during your pet’s annual exam.
On the Web
WebMD’s Pet Health Center features excellent guides concerning parasite prevention and control:
The Companion Animal Parasite Council is another exceptional website.
The CDC’s site on Healthy Pets, Healthy People is yet another excellent resource.